if we went on a frozen yogurt date today.
1. It seriously amazes me how rainbow sprinkles (and colorful spoons) completely transform a simple bowl of cake batter froyo into something extraordinary. Is it all in my head? A mental thing? No, it’s for real.
On Saturday I swung by Aspen Leaf for what has become my weekly froyo fix. After my trip to Park City, I decided to designate Saturday my ice cream day. This isn’t a rule per se, rather a special weekend date with myself (and a bowl of amazingness) that I look forward to all week. It helps me stay focused – you know, it keeps my eye on the prize. Kind of like the carrot in the carrot/stick method…except WAY better than a carrot. 😉
2. My adoration for sprinkles demonstrates my inability to say no to anything that’s bright, colorful, and pink. I see something hot pink (or orange) and can’t turn away. According to this chart, which I discovered on Pinterest (where else?), that means I’m enthusiastic, happy, warm, romantic, innocent, aroused (?!) and youthful.
What’s your favorite color?
3. Speaking of color, on Saturday I tried on the yellow JCrew bridesmaid dress I’ll be wearing in my friend Katie’s wedding this summer.
4. Remember how I told you that my feet slide out of pumps? Well it’s a good thing I’m not required to wear any in this wedding. Instead, the bride has asked the bridesmaids to wear a pair of these.
BOOTS! These babies are the real thing, too. On Saturday I swung by Boot Barn and purchased my first pair of cowgirl kicks. Let me tell you, visiting Boot Barn was a cultural experience. Lots of country pride there, people.
5. I woke up a few mornings ago with a serious urge to prancercise. I didn’t. However, I’m thinking it’s only a matter of time before I trade my morning jumping jacks for hops and flutters. 😉 I totally want in on this fun fitness trend. Watch your back, Crossfit.
If you haven’t watched this video yet, please do!
6. Most mornings, I’m far too lazy to brew fresh coffee. A machine that brews it for me would sure be a dream! However, until I marry Mr. Millionaire and can afford a Nespresso maker, I’ll continue drinking my favorite instant Starbucks Via’s. I did pick up a bag of beans over the weekend, though, and hope they’ll serve as motivation to brew a fresh cup a bit more often.
Campfire in a cup?
7. Speaking of coffee, latte lovers take note. My mom was in Portland over the weekend, and sent me this text message.
Apparently Peet’s trumps Starbucks!
8. If coffee isn’t enough to pull you out of bed in the morning, then perhaps you’d be interested in beer? I got a good laugh when Laura posted this on Instagram on Saturday.
Beer + donuts. Homer Simpson’s dream breakfast.
9. I’ve actually never been a huge donut person, but I complete faith that I’d devour a cronut in under five seconds. Have you heard of cronuts? A croissant and a donut in one?
Oh. Em. Gee. Hoda and Kathy Lee were buzzing about them on Friday, and upon further investigation, I found out that they’re predicted to be the “next cupcake.” For more information, read this Huffington Post article, and for a few laughs, read this one: Sweet Baby Jesus, Don’t Let The Cronut Become The New Cupcake!
10. You know what’s even tastier than a cronut, though? A mountain of guacamole.
Okay, maybe not, but that beautiful masterpiece was my dinner Friday night. A dinner I waited 30 minutes for. All because Chipotle was out of guacamole . How does that happen? I had a mini panic attack then the burrito maker broke the news, but calmed down when he told me it would be ready in 10 minutes. Well 10 minutes turned to 15…to 20…and finally, at the 30 minute mark, a big batch of fresh guac rolled out of the kitchen. It was totally worth the wait, though.
11. Speaking of long waits, I waited nearly two years to get my hands on my dream gym tote.
Hello, first ever eBay buy! I was in a full-on bidding battle this weekend, and after losing twice (geesh, people are AGGRESSIVE online!) emerged triumphant the third try. I wanted to buy the Lululemon Triumphant Tote when it first hit store shelves in 2011, but couldn’t justify the hefty price tag. Well, nearly two years later, I still wanted it, and decided that was enough time to justify a purchase. This tote relatively large and has a ton of pockets—attributes that come in handy for people like me who carry their lives in their bags.
12. So I’m pretty sure that I’ll be on eBay every day now, especially when I find things like this.
A Mrs. Potts and Chip tea set! Squee!
12. Remember when I promised to share my meal plan every Monday? Yeah, major FAIL. But! I’m jumping back on board this week!
Baked Spaghetti Squash and Cheese via Skinnytaste
Cobb Salads or Chicken Paninis
Baked Chicken Tacos via Iowa Girl Eats (these look SO good!)
Pan-Roasted Salmon via A Sweet Pea Chef
Given my track record, only three of these meals with actually be made. But good intentions are all that matter, right? 😉
13. Confession: If we were really on a frozen yogurt date, I wouldn’t chat your ear off about the meals I was planning on making this week. But I would tell you that you’re nothing short of marvelous.
I hope your Monday is filled with joy!
p.s. Don’t forget to check out the #MIMM posts at Healthy Diva Life!
I want to know…
What’s your go-to coffee shop? Do you brew coffee in the morning?
What type of bag do you carry? What’s your dream bag?
I’ve carried Longchamp totes for years, but I’m ready for something new. The new Lulu tote will be great for the gym, but I’m considering this bag for everyday use.
Croissants or donuts? What’s your favorite breakfast pastry?
Croissants. Favorite pastry: cinnamon rolls!
Marrieds: what color were your bridesmaid dresses? Singles: what color do you want your bridesmaid dresses to be?
Even though pink and orange are my favorite colors, I might consider a pretty purple. I think it’s a color that looks good on everyone.
What’s your favorite color? What’s it say about you?