…About almond milk Frappuccinos. And muffins. And other miscellaneous things.
But we’ll get to those in a sec.
Happy Wednesday! How are ya doing? I’m feeling a bit…frazzled. The combination of work deadlines, loooong hours of NASM studying, and excitement about the upcoming weekend ahead (Blend Retreat in Park City!), means my ADD is buzzing today.
So, instead of trying to piece things together in what would undoubtedly be a painfully incoherent post, let’s do this in bullet form!
1. As I was reading your comments about favorite brunch foods Monday, I had an epiphany: the reason I love breakfast so much is because it’s the only time of day when it’s socially acceptable to make an entire meal out of dessert. Crepes! Pancakes! French Toast! Donuts! SUGAR. Think about it. You never see sweet foods on lunch and dinner menus at restaurants. Never. It’s all savory stuff. And even if you do eat homemade pancakes for dinner, you probably still say you’re eating “brinner”—breakfast for dinner. Just some food for thought. (Pun totally intended).
2. Speaking of puns, this chart that Janetha posted a few weeks ago gave me a good laugh.
Har har har. 😉
3. But wait, I’m not finished talking about breakfast! I spotted these Baked French Toast Muffins on Pinterest the other day, and almost fell out of my chair.
Swoon! Perfect for those indecisive mornings when you can’t decide what you want to eat (and indecisive mornings are a-plenty over here!). French toast or muffins? Muffins or French toast? Answer: have both! I’m going to try making them with gluten free bread.
4. Or, I won’t. So, I was looking at my Pinterest recipe boards the other day, and realized that I’ve pinned 100+ recipes. Wanna guess how many I’ve made? Four. It made me wonder: does Pinterest really inspire us to action (aka: tackling DIY projects, making fancy meals, dressing like a fashionistas, cranking out 100 push-ups etc.), or does it just make us feel hopelessly inadequate and wish for things we’ll never have?
I’m leaning toward the latter. 😉
5. I will never feel inadequate when it comes to my chocolate consumption, though. Look who got lucky at the drug store yesterday.
You better believe I bought 10.
6. But seriously, as much as I love sweets, I can’t stand sweet toothpaste. That’s why I use this stuff.
Kidding! Could you imagine? Blech! I could get on board with a sweet and salty toothpaste. Maybe. But salt? Nothankyouverymuch. I’ll stick with my Spearmint Tom’s.
7. While I was window window shopping the other day, I noticed that practically every store is selling pastel pants.
Looove. The problem with almost-as-light-as-my-skin pants is that I never fail to get them dirty. And let’s not even talk about WHITE pants. I’ll wear them, but only if I have a Tide-to-Go pen on me because otherwise they’ll be splattered with coffee (as well as a billion other things), by the end of the day.
8. Speaking of coffee, yesterday I swung by Starbucks for my first Frappuccino of the year. I completely missed out on the two week half-off happy hour promotion, but I’m not losing sleep over it because no happy hour means shorter lines, and shorter lines means the baristas will make a Frap with...almond milk. (!!!) Starbucks doesn’t carry almond milk in their stores (they SHOULD, though!), and I don’t typically carry almond milk with me (although I have been known to carry strange things in my bag), but I was on my way home from the grocery store (almond milk in tow), and figured I’d give it a shot.
Ask, and you shall receive! That almond milk decaf Mocha Light Frappuccino was possibly the best I’ve ever had.
9. I’m pretty sure the barista made my drink with regular coffee, though, because I was ON FIRE at the gym a few hours later. I’m talking major buzz.
Hanging on the incline bench. Hello, man-in-motion photo bomber.
I guess the espresso shots were for the best, though, because that extra caffeine boost powered me through a great chest and abs workout.
Incline Barbell Chest Press 15 x 2, 10 x 2
Flat Dumbbell Chest Press 12 x 2, 8 x 2
Incline Dumbbell Flyes 15 x 3
Push-ups 1 min x 3 (<—killer!)
Flye Machine 8 x 3
Cable Crunches 20 x 3
Hanging Leg Raises 15 x 3
10. I occasionally like to use those pretty, sparkly lotions because I will forever be a 7th grade girl. Let’s talk about this Pacifica Coconut Crushed Pearl Body Butter.
I sampled it at Whole Foods last weekend and fell in love with the vanilla-coconut frosting-like scent. Then I saw the $25 price tag and nearly toppled over. UM WHAT. Call me crazy, but if I am paying $25 for lotion it better give me shimmery legs like Carrie Underwood. And a lot more.
11. On that note, I recently did make a ‘call me crazy’ beauty purchase.
Confession time: I like to be tan. I used to go to tanning beds nearly every week in college, and now live in fear about the repercutions. To add insult to injury, my dad’s a dermatologist, so I can’t pretend I didn’t know better. Self tanners have always seemed like a good alternative, but every single one I’ve tried has left me looking like an orange monster. However, last week, per the recommendation of Amanda, I invested (yes, this invested–this stuff is pricey, but much cheaper than cancer treatment), in a bottle of St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzer. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m crossing my fingers!
11. Umm, has anyone spotted these on grocery store shelves?!
I don’t know if I should be excited or sad! I wish they were gluten free…and hydrogenated oil free…and lots of other things free. It’s been over 15 years since I’ve had a Pop Tart, but I sure loved them when I was little.
12. In the meantime, I’ll continue eating peanut butter and jam toast.
I’ve made this exact meal three times over the past two days. Two sunny-side-up eggs + avocado toast + peanut butter and melted raspberry toast = sweet, salty, savory, crunchy, creamy extravaganza.
13. Speaking of extravaganzas, I have a suitcase packing extravaganza ahead of me today! I’m flying to Salt Lake City tomorrow, where I’ll be meeting up with my gal pal, Meg, for a little pre-Blend Retreat play. To say I’m excited would be a major understatement.
I’ll be pretty busy while I’m there, so I may take a blogging break until next Monday—but we’ll see. I’ll definitely be Instagramming, though, and would love it if you’d say hello!
I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday, loves! Enjoy the rest of your week!
I want to know…
Pinterest users: How many of the things you pin do you actually make/wear/do?
Please tell me I’m not the only underachiever…
What type of toothpaste do you use? Minty? Fruity? Salty? Brand?
I grew up using Crest, then switched to Colgate, and now use Tom’s.
What’s your favorite lotion scent?
Vanilla and coconut!
Tan: yay or nay? Have you ever used tanning beds? Do you have a favorite self tanner?
Pastel and white pants: yay or nay?