Hey-yo! Happy Friday, everyone! What are your plans for the weekend? The next four days will be ca-rrraaaazy in DC due to the presidential inauguration madness that’s about to ensue. This impacts me in two major ways:
1) Longer-than-usual coffee lines. Who am I kidding? They’re always long. But if I remember correctly, they were out the door during the last inauguration 2009. Yikes.
Since I’ll be
dodging tourists playing tour guide in the city for the next few days, I have lots to accomplish today! Sooo, let’s get crackin’….
Four Lists on Friday. (inspired by this lovely lady).
Four Things I Did Yesterday
1. I waited in a not-too-crazy (yet)-long Starbucks line to satisfy a crazy strong mocha craving. I honestly can’t remember the last time I ordered a mocha. Maybe high school? I ordered mine with soy milk and without whipped cream, but this is what I got.
Nooooo. However, instead of requesting a re-make, I rolled with it. A little energy whip to get me ripped? I say so!
2. I made these cheesecake pancakes for dinner, except I substituted raspberries for the blueberries, and added coconut butter on top. So good!
3. I bought a new lip gloss. Except it’s a lipstick too. A two in one! One of my gripes about drugstore makeup is that you can’t test it before making a purchase…that is, unless you discreetly tear the plastic wrap while nobody’s watching. Please tell me I’m not the only one who does this! Either way, I’m loving my new bargain-priced Jumbo Gloss Balm by Cover Girl (after testing, I went with Coral Twist).
4. I spent two hours searching online for a dress to wear to the inaugural ball, before realizing that if I ordered one, it wouldn’t arrive before Monday. I’m gambling on finding one at the mall today. Wish me luck!
Four Recipes I Need To Make
Four Things I’m Looking Forward To
1. Attending the aforementioned official inaugural ball Monday night!
2. Visiting my favorite DC bakery with Ashley this weekend. Their cupcakes and gluten free blondies are to die for.
3. Beginning a new strength-training program with Stephanie Miller. She’s a popular lady, so I have to hold steady for two more weeks, but I know her expertise is well worth the wait.
Four Why Didn’t I Think of That Tips (ninja’d from Alexandra’s pin board)
1. Instead of spooning icing into a bag, try filling it this way!
2. “Hard boiled” eggs in the oven. According to cooking master, Alton Brown, this is the best way to do them. Easier to peel. Creamier texture. Need to try this!
3. Crispy hashbrowns without added oil…in the waffle maker!
4. I lied. I don’t have a fourth. But how about we go with this tip….
Make your weekend wonderful!
Thank you so much for reading, and for being wonderfully you.
I want to know…
What’s the last thing you bought?
How has your coffee order changed since middle school or high school?
What are four (or one or two or three) things you’re looking forward to?