I can’t believe it’s almost Friday. Horray!
If this week is any indication, my last semester of grad school is definitely going to be a crazy one. I have lots on my mind, so please don’t mind while I babble.
1. I’m heading to New York City in two weeks! I’ll be taking a cheap bus (you know, the ones with stinky bathrooms?) to the Big Apple, but for $15/ticket, there’s no other way to do it. My list of “must-do’s” in NYC includes:
- Visit Eataly and eat fresh mozzarella, marinated olives and Italian sashimi at this restaurant.
- Dinner at vegan restaurant, Pure Food and Wine. I have my eye on Mushroom “scallops” with Brussels sprouts and Shitake-Miso Broth.
- Workout at SoulCycle alongside Kelly Ripa
- Stock up on peanut butter at PB&Co.
- Visit Vosgue’s (the maker of my favorite chocolate bar)
- Tour Chobani Soho
2. Speaking of which, did you know that you can save ‘dough’ on your CHO? Earlier this week, I realized that Chobani offers coupons on their website!
I immediately printed those babies out and trekked to the grocery store, only to find that yogurt was on sale! Coupon + sale = major steal. What would any yogurt-loving savvy sister do in this situation? Oh yes, she would buy three quarts!
3. Next week I begin a new job with Infinity Wellness! On Wednesday night, I attended orientation and learned about what I’ll be doing as a WELLKids health coach. I’m extremely grateful to be part of this organization, and SO pumped to begin inspiring kids to lead healthy lives!
4. Yogurt bowls are my new favorite on-the-go meal. In an effort to make my way through the aforementioned yogurt before it goes bad, I’ve been eating yogurt bowls once, twice, sometimes three times/day. All of my classes are three hours long, so I have to pack substantial snacks to eat while I’m listening to lectures. Instead of bringing stinky hard boiled eggs (the best way to turn your classmates into enemies!), I’m packing delicious bowls of yum.
These are some of the combinations I’ve been enjoying lately both at home and on-the-go. I’ll spare you the tupperware pictures. Actually, there are none; it’s embarrassing enough to eat in class, let alone take pictures of my tupperware during class.
plain 2%/pistachios/dark chocolate/milk chocolate
Chobani Soho’s menu has been my creation inspiration!
2% plain/walnuts/honey/fresh figs/coconut
I’m also loving this take on PB&J:
2% plain/peanut butter/raspberries/peanuts
As you may have noticed, I’m a 2% convert. That extra smidgen of fat makes all the difference; the yogurt is SO much creamier!
5. I don’t follow a Paleo diet, but this list of Paleo school lunches has given me some great ideas for portable meals (I can only eat so many yogurt bowls). Who says school lunches are only for kids? I plan on baking these mini frittatas tonight (sans the prosciutto because I’m on a tight grad student budget).
6. I’ve been scouring job websites like it’s my job! Since I graduate in December, I’m beginning to think about where I want to live and which positions in the health and wellness industry I want to apply for. During my search the other day, I googled “dream jobs” and found this list. #1 sounds like it would be a pretty sweet deal—literally!
[source] Would you want to be paid to taste ice cream?
6. This quote inspires me to make the most of every moment of each day.
Thank you so much for reading! You all bring happiness to my day, every day!
<3 <3 <3
What is your job? What is your DREAM job?
Is there anything I should add to my “must-do” list in New York City?
What’s your go-to meal on-the-go?