This is going to be fun and fast for two reasons.
1. My last post about balancing restaurant indulgences with clean eating was a novel. I think we both need a word break! 😉
2. I’m catching a plane in a couple hours and right now my suitcase contains just two things. Welp!
Oh heck. A swimsuit and flip-flops are all you need in California anyways, right? 😉
THE FRIDAY FIVE (inspired by Christina!)
WHAT I’M PACKING: Forget the clothes! I need space for clean snacks! 😉
These munchies will eventually make their way into my suitcase. 😉
Quest Protein Bars: These all-natural bars contain 20 grams of whey protein AND 17 grams of fiber. Crazy.
Nu Naturals stevia packets. I carry these in my purse, in case I want to sweeten my coffee or tea.
1. Yogi Tea Ginger Tea. My all time favorite.
2. Optimum Nutrition Casein Protein: For the past three weeks, I’ve traded my before-bed whipped cottage cheese and peanut butter for vanilla casein! I turn the casein into “protein fudge,” just like this lovely lady. 😉 It’s delicious topped with peanut butter or any nut butter. (And much easier to travel with, since it doesn’t have to be refrigerated).
3. Blackberry-Blueberry water enhancers: These Target finds are a win because they contain stevia instead of asparatame!
4. Artisana nut butter packs in walnut, coconut, almond and cashew.
2. WHAT I’M WEARING: Nike Free’s and Moroccan Oil.
Thank you so much for offering your advice regarding the Nike Free’s! I bought my first pair (color: hot punch) on Wednesday and LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Any shoe that makes treadmill running a joyful experience is a winner in my book. 😉
Moroccan Oil is a lifesaver for damaged hair. It’s pretty darn expensive, but a few drops turn dry coarse hair into luscious locks. 😉
3. WHAT I’M PINNING: Pizza Cauliflower Bites and Avocado Soup with Coconut Milk.
Avocado and coconut milk is like peanut butter and jelly. Killer. Combination.
4. WHAT I’M THINKING ON DAYS I’M NOT IN THE GYM.
5. WHAT I’M EATING: Sometimes I prefer to get my antioxidants from chocolate.
(And crispy kale). 😉
I’m officially in love with all four of the bars above. The top two I found at R.E.I., and the bottom two were Target snags. Whoever came up with the idea of combining tortilla chips, lime, salt and chocolate is my new best friend.
Sidenote: Has anyone else noticed that Target has become a gourmet chocolate shop? They carry everything!
Crispy Kale “Tostada” with Garlic-Roasted Shrimp, Goat Cheese, Avocado, Arugula and Red Onion. I was craving kale chips last night, but thought a “tostada” would be more fun. Instead of tearing the kale, I left two large leaves intact, spritzed them with olive oil, and baked as usual.
On a completely unrelated note…
Gabby Wins Gold!
Three cheers for little Gabby Douglas, who brought home the gold last night in the women’s individual gymnastics competition!
Gabby has an inspiring story, and she’s the first African American to ever win gold in her event. I couldn’t be happier for her!!
Sending you huge Friday hugs! Have a wonderful weekend! Catch you in California!
Questions for you:
What are your must-have travel snacks?
Favorite chocolate bar? Strangest chocolate combination you’ve tried?
Tell me about your weekend plans!