1.PO DOG’s PB DOG
So you claim that you really love peanut butter, but would you sink your teeth into this?
As Americans fire up the grills and down millions of ballpark franks this Labor Day weekend, Po Dog in Seattle will be churning out hot dogs topped with crunchy peanut butter, bananas and roasted peanuts.
Heck, they might as well throw some jelly on top too! :-p
2. NEW SEAWEED SNACK FLAVORS
I first became addicted to the Annie Chun’s variety, then I discovered I could snag virtually the same snack for $1 less at Trader Joe’s. However, my latest seaweed find, Sea Snax, is even more exciting because it comes in not one, not two, but THREE flavors: Spicy Chipotle, Toasty Onion and Olive. All three are quite addictive!
3. ENERGY BARS: RANKED!
My beloved Luna’s scored top prize for “Best Tasting” in Shape.com’s survey.
Not a surprise! As a self-proclaimed bar fiend, I think I’ve tried every single variety on the market (not kidding–whenever I spot a new one, I buy it!). Several years after it’s debut, White Chocolate Macadamia remains my favorite.
How did your favorite bars measure up?
Hint: Best CHOCOLATE nutrition bar award goes to Pure Organic Chocolate Brownie–one of my latest obsessions. Yay!
4. CUTE FOODIE CARDS
And speaking of birthdays, my dear friend Elaina is celebrating her 24th today! Happy Birthday, Lain!
5. UGLY FOODS YOU SHOULD BE EATING
Is it just me, or do these mushrooms look insanely delicious? Okay, it’s just me.
In yet another Shape.com feature, these 28 unattractive eats are highly recommended for nutrient-packed noshing.
My five picks from the list:
1. Ginger: improves digestion and reduces inflammation
2. Mushrooms: great source of B Vitamins and Vitamin D
3. Kefir: offers a probiotic punch (probiotics aid in digestion!)
4. Black Garlic: double the antioxidants of raw garlic!
5. Seaweed! (you already know this): removes residue of radiation in the body, improves water metabolism, is a lymphatic cleanser, and strengthens the thyroid (AAAAND it tastes so good!)
***Have a safe, happy Labor Day weekend!***
Tonight I’m finally seeing The Help, tomorrow I’m watching FOOTBALL with friends, Sunday I’m hitting up a barbecue and several DC museums, and Monday I’ll be prepping for the first day of my internship at the USDA (!!).
Questions for you:
1. Would you eat the PB Dog at Po Dog? Even just ONE bite?
I’ll try anything once! But I’m only committing to one bite.
2. What’s your favorite energy bar?
3. Which “ugly” foods do you love? Which do you find off-putting?