Definitely not your typical chocolate chip cookie, but delicious, quite satisfying and a million times more healthy. Be sure to let the cookies cool completely, otherwise they’ll crumble!
1 cup unsalted almond butter, stirred well
3/4 cup Sucanat (raw sugar or brown sugar would be fine as well)
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt (I would up this to 1/2 teaspoon next time or sprinkle a little on top before baking to give it a little more oomph)
3 ounces dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips (if using dark chocolate, break into small pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the first 5 ingredients until blended. Stir in the chocolate.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment or silpat-lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. (Mine took closer to 12 minutes).
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. (Don’t skip this. The cookie will self-destruct if you try to skip this). Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool for 15 more minutes (this you can fudge a little).
- Per cookie: 110 calories, 8g fat (1.5g saturated), 10g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 3g sugars, 2g protein